12.15.2009

Sweet Success!

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything of any real substance. But so goes my life. Lately it's been a flurry of paper grading and holiday partying (rough, I know).

I DO, however, want to update everyone on my most recent life success: 5K RUNNING! The best things about this include:
  • I ran the whole thing.
  • They gave us medals.
  • Within 30 minutes of arriving in Memphis, we witnessed drunk man being arrested before our very eyes.
  • Finish time? 36:18 (Not too shabby for this first-timer.)
  • Lauryn was a CHAMP.
  • Long sleeved t-shirt for free.
  • Finishing on the field at Autozone.
  • I have the absolute best friends a girl could ask for (more on that later).
Following the advice of my many advisers, I smiled as we crossed the finish line! Sadly, I later discovered that some lame-o stole our glam shot, and there's no photographic evidence of our crossing the finish line. We did. Take my word for it. And I've got a medal for proof.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay, Ashley!! I had just been thinking about wanting to hear how it went!! I think I remembered that it was a 5k on December. CONGRATS!! What an accomplishment!!

rachel said...

YAY Ashley! I'm proud...mine has no evidence as it was for derby days...the proof was in the points and a girl sleeping the rest of the day because she ran hungover. ;)